There are probably a lot of shovels you could buy for the money, but you only want one to get the job done. Read our list of the best choices and find out which shovel will make your garden fabulous.
Top List 10 Best Shovels For Digging Holes In 2022
Review 10 Best Shovels For Digging Holes 2022
Corona SS 64104 General Purpose Trench Shovel, 4-Inch
$32.99 in stock
- An ideal tool for a variety of digging applications
- V-angled head for effective penetration into a variety of different soils
- 1-inch sides to pick up and retain more dirt with each shovel stroke
- 4-foot hardwood ash handle for added durability and leverage
- Limited lifetime warranty
Radius Garden 22411 Root Slayer Mini-Digger Shovel, Red
- Lightweight and versatile Root Slayer mini that is easy to bring anywhere you need it
- Root Slayer mini digger with an inverted V-shaped cutting tip that is designed to rip through dirt, roots and other minor obstructions in the soil without the use of other gardening tools
- Garden digger with a powder-coated carbon steel blade and a resin-encased carbon steel shaft for maximum durability with non-latex grips at the top for easy handling
- Mini digger that is durable enough to be up for any gardening task
- Maintenance for this garden digger tool is simple- for optimal blade performance and sharpness clean and sharpen the blade regularly; Lifetime manufacturer warranty (continental US only)
MARTHA STEWART MTS-MDS1 27-Inch Mini Round Pt. Digging Shovel w/8-Inch Heat-Treated Rust-Resistant Solid Steel Blade
- Provides maximum leverage and easy lifting when kneeling in the garden and cutting sod or Small roots
- Great for digging holes, planting Small shrubs, transplanting and dividing perennials, and spreading mulch
- Small design is ideal for working at ground level or in tight spots.
- Powder-coated, rust-resistant construction and comfortable D-ring non-slip grip
- 8-inch round point blade easily slices through sod and soil
Fiskars 46 Inch Steel D-handle Transplanting Spade
$42.85 in stock
- Ideal for digging small, deep holes, digging up bulbs and other planting needs
- Welded 14-gauge steel blade and 18-gauge steel shaft provide durability that far outlasts wood-handled tools and won’t flex like fiberglass
- Extra-large D-handle design offers secure two-handed control when digging, even while wearing gloves
- Teardrop-shaped shaft profile fits the natural shape and motion of your hand for exceptional comfort and control
- Lifetime warranty
Fiskars 46 Inch Steel D-handle Digging Shovel
1 used from $38.99
- Ideal for digging in tough soil
- Large D-handle design offers secure two-handed control when digging
- Welded 14-gauge hardened steel blade and 18-gauge steel shaft provide durability that far outlasts wood-handled tools and won’t flex like fiberglass
- Sharpened blade makes it easy to penetrate tough soil or break up hardened dirt clods
- Lifetime warranty
Tyger Auto Shovel TG-SV8U3217 Military Heavyduty Folding Compact Tool with 16-in-1 Multifunction for Off-Roading, Camping, Outdoor, Survivalist and Emergency
- Why TYGER ? US registered patent design shovel forged to last from military grade solid carbon steel and aerospace grade anodized aluminum tubes.
- Comes with unique instant switch mechanism. Simply pull the slider to switch modes in seconds. Fast and Sturdy!
- 16-in-1 multifunction for Off-roading, Camping, Hiking, 4-Wheeling, SUVing, Backpacking, Fishing, Disaster Recovery, Expeditionists, RV Camping, Cadets, Scouts, Military Personnel, Hikers, Camper, Hunter, Fisherman, Gardener, Survivalist, Truck driver, Motorcyclist. Be prepared for any situation!
- Need extension? Extension handle (TG-SV8U3217EH) is available for purchase. Also, this compact shovel can be easily stored in your vehicle to help you dig out tires or break glass in emergencies. The included storage bag allows you to carry the shovel for any outdoor adventures.
Spear Head Spade Gardening Shovel with Two Cushioned Grips, Fiberglass Handle with Carbon Manganese Steel Blade, Award Winning Spade, 58" Long Handle, Yellow
- Designed to reduce digging effort by up to 80%
- Blade’s edge is sharpened from tip to tail
- Use in rocky or dense clay soil
- 59” overall length with straight handle
- Made in USA
Shovel for Digging ,Round Shovel, Garden Tool with D-Handle, 41 Inches in Overall Length , Wooden Handel Garden Shovel,Beach Shovel, Car Snow Shovel
- VERSATILITY—Round shovel used as garden edging shovel,camp shove,plow shove,trenching shovel,snow shovel for driveway,survival shovel.You can also use it to grow shrubs and ball diameters. The shovel is of good quality, light weight but strong.
- PERFECTDESIGN—D-shaped handle design increases the grip. The pedals and fins on the top of the blade are for you to step on. The drop-shaped shovel head is designed with a small to large contact surface, which can show strong digging capabilities, making it easier to complete digging, shoveling and transferring.The shape makes it easy to dig through packed soil.
- AVAILABLE ALL YEAR ROUND—In spring and summer, it is used to dig pits and transplant trees, digging up roots/old stumps repair lawn edges, and move gravel and dirt . In autumn and winter, it is used toClear leaves and weeds, remove ice and snow from the driveway.
- LONG SERVICE LIFE—The shovel head is made of cold-rolled steel, and the hardness is improved by high temperature quenching. It will not bend or deform when it comes into contact with hard stones during use. The pure wood handle is more durable and environmentally friendly.
- 41 INCHES—The overall size of the shovel is 41 inches. It can be placed in the trunk of a car and used as a car shovel or camping shovel. The weight of 3.3 pounds will not feel heavy during use, making work easier.
The Snowplow "the Original Snow Pusher" 36" Wide Model 50536
$69.99 in stock
- Wide blade shovel: Snow shovel with a 36-inch wide UHMW poly blade to remove snow
- Comfortable and operational control: Features ergonomic, fiberglass handle with D style grip handle
- Strong construction: Tuff brace support system provides blade support; Simple bolt-together design
- Chip packed snow and ice: Flip over to use cutting angle to separate packed snow or chip away at ice
- Gentle on surfaces: Use on all surfaces, including concrete, blacktop, pavers, decks, roofs and more
Hooyman Digging Shovel with Heavy Duty Carbon Steel Head Construction, Ergonomic No-Slip H-Grip, Oversized Steps, and Serrated Blades for Gardening, Land Management, Yard Work, Farming and Outdoors
$37.28 in stock
- DIMENSIONS: 60.25 inches L x 9 inches W x 3 inches D and weighs 4.5 lbs
- DURABLE: Heavy duty head construction of 1050MN carbon steel makes shovel extremely tough and durable
- RELIABLE: Features the new, no-slip, H-Grip on the ergonomic handle that turns tacky when wet to ensure a secure grip in all conditions
- INNOVATIVE: Custom blade serration is ideal for scooping harder ground or dirt that is full of tough roots when readying food plots, while doing yardwork or gardening
- EASE OF USE: Oversized flanges on both sides of the blade creates a 2 ½ inches L x 2 ¼ inches W big-step for added leverage
StuLine Signature Series 36" White T-Handle Shovel by Kellyco (Shovel)
- Super HEAVY DUTY Shovel
- Ultimate DURABILITY
- RAZOR SHARP Spade is heat treated and sharpened.
- Dig DEEPER, FASTER, and EASIER
- Sleek and Ergonomic Shovel
What is the best shovel for digging holes?
The best shovel for digging holes will depend on the type of hole you are digging and what type of soil you’re working with. If you are digging a garden hole, a shovel with a narrow blade is easier to use because it allows you to dig more quickly. If you are digging an underground utility line, you’ll need a shovel with a wide blade that’s made out of sturdy steel.
Benefits of a shovel over a spade
There are many benefits to using a shovel over a spade, including the fact that it is more versatile and easier to use for digging. The shovel can be used as a pickaxe or rake, while the spade can only be used as a spade. Shovels also have longer handles that make it easy to hold while people dig, while the spade has a shorter handle so people must bend down to use it.